Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tin Drum

Beating my rage
On a tin drum
Saying my thoughts aloud
Or keeping mum
Why is pain like this
Or am I just numb

Will this torment
Ever end
Will this tear
Ever mend
Or is my heart
Forever rend(ed)

By someone I thought I knew
A gem among a chosen few
Who had sung once in my ears
An enchanting poetry of pearls and dew
A tall steeple in a panoramic view
Of a girl silhoutted by colored panes
Dressed in white in a church pew

The bride was beautiful, by her side
Fiddling with her lace
Was I standing with a ring in my hand
With ecstasy on my face
With kisses in my mouth
With love in my heart
Swimming upon waves
In a sea beset with roaring tides
Of wishes and dreams
While streamed through the colored panes
Lighting her face
Yellow sunbeams

But well
All that was poetry
An unfulfilled yen
Closed are my eyes
They were dreaming you know
And when they open
After you have counted to ten
They will find
Reality is hell

Why did she hide the truth
Or was it all a fault of mine
I should have known love is so small, so wavering
It can tear itself through the eyes of a needle
Can never stay on a single line
You know not, and it has drunk
From the lips of another
A new wine
And finds words that mean in a thousand ways
Go away
And I will be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home